Can’t wait to start your career as an electrician? Our Certificate II in Electrotechnology is the perfect study option for you. Designed to get you started on your career path, successful completion of the course will give you credits towards a First Year Apprenticeship in the electrical trade. You’ll learn fundamental workplace safety as well as basic skills and knowledge to prepare you for an apprenticeship in an electrotechnology field.
Students learn and acquire the following skills:
• to understand mandatory requirements of occupational health and safety and how they apply to the electrotechnology industry
• in basic fitting and fabrication techniques as they apply in the various utilities industry work functions
• for fixing, securing and mounting techniques as apply in the various electrotechnology work functions
• with the use of drawings, diagrams, cable schedules, standards, codes and specifications as they apply to the various electrotechnology work functions
• in the use of routine tools, equipment and personnel protective equipment required to do work in the energy sector environment
• undertake scheduled routine work activities in the energy sector in an agreed time, to a quality standard and with a minimum of waste
• in sound understanding of identified components, accessories or materials for the electrotechnology industry
• in the use of apparatus manufacturer's instruction material, basic instruction methods and evaluation and completing documentation for the electrotechnology industry
• to develop the basic use of personal computers application relevant to a work function
• to establish employability skills with 80 hours of onsite vocational placement.
Energy Skills Queensland recommends that students should have completed Year 10 with passes in Mathematics, English and Science and have a minimum entry age of 14.