Western Australia – Economic and Health relief package
The Western Australian government has announced a $1 billion economic and health relief package to support households and small businesses.
- Electricity bills for around 95,000 small businesses to be reduced, with a one-off credit of $2500 for Synergy and Horizon Power customers
- Payroll tax-relief for small businesses and deferment for medium size businesses
- Waiver of licence fees for small and medium‑sized businesses including licences for building services, plumbers and electricians and more.
- Freeze on household fees and charges, especially electricity and water for people experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- People who have become unemployed due to COVID-19 and are eligible for a concession card will receive an upfront $305 credited against their electricity bill
- Households that are directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19 may also apply for an interest-free payment arrangement and for late payment penalties to be waived for transfer duty, landholder duty, vehicle licence duty or land tax
For more details on this, read the full media statement here.
Victoria - Economic Survival and Jobs Package
The Victorian government has announced a $1.7 bn economic survival package to assist businesses and people during this difficult time.
- Small, medium businesses can register their interest for the Business Support Fund
- Payroll tax refunds for small – medium businesses
- Commercial tenants in government buildings can apply for rent relief
- 2020 land tax payments deferred for small businesses
- Displaced workers can register for Working for Victoria Fund, including job matching assistance
- Assistance by the government towards developing new skills or for immediate accreditation critical to commencing work.
Find more details about the package in the official media release here.
NSW - NSW COVID-19 package
New South Wales has announced a stimulus package worth $2.3 billion comprising of economic and health measures.
- Payroll tax waivers for business with payrolls up to $10 million for the next three months
- Waiver of fees and charges for small businesses including fees for bars, cafes, restaurants and tradespeople.
- While this is an indirect impact but this will create more job opportunities. Over $250 million will be spent to employ additional cleaning staff for public infrastructure, such as public transport assets, schools and public buildings.
Access complete details of the NSW COVID-19 package here.
South Australia - Jobs Rescue Package
South Australia has announced a $650 million Jobs Rescue Package which includes payroll and land tax relief for businesses across the state.
- Business and Jobs Support fund worth $300 million to support individual businesses and industry sectors directly affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Community and jobs support worth $250 million to support community organisations, sporting, arts and recreational bodies, and non-profit organisations
- Payroll tax relief of up to 6 months to businesses with a payroll of $6 million
- Land tax relief where businesses can defer outstanding quarterly payments for up to 6 months
- Waiver of fees and charges such as the liquor license fees
- A once-off boost of $500 and the ‘Cost of Living Concession’ for households who are receiving the Centrelink JobSeeker Payment
- Boost in payment from $215.10 to $715.10 for eligible homeowners
- Eligible tenants to receive $607.60.
- Training of South Australians seeking new skills and employment
The government is making announcements almost every day. Visit our News page to stay on top of all the latest updates and news.