By NCVER Statistical report 6 December 2018
VET student outcomes 2018 presents information from the National Student Outcomes Survey on the outcomes of students who completed their vocational education and training (VET) in Australia during 2017 and were awarded a qualification. The publication reports the outcomes of those who undertook government subsidised training and those who undertook training on a fee-for-service basis. Summary information is presented on students’ reason for training, employment outcomes, satisfaction with training and further study outcomes.
This publication presents data on students who completed training delivered by:
- TAFE (technical and further education) institutes
- community education providers
- private training providers.
The figures are derived from the results of 143 852 graduate responses to the 2018 National Student Outcomes Survey.
Summary of outcomes:
- Nearly 30% of graduates undertook their study to get a job and 55.6% were for other job related reasons.
- 48.4% of those studying to get a job got a job after graduating and 59% improved their employment status
- Nearly 30% went on from their first course to do further study