There are 215,000 Property and Real Estate businesses, with 190,000 of these businesses sole operators who don’t employ people.
There are no major employers in the Survey and Mapping sector.
There are 33,000 Cleaning, Pest Control and Fire Services businesses, although around 20,000 of these were one person operations and 27,000 of these businesses are in the cleaning sector.
There are 4,300 Waste Management businesses operating in the sector. 2,000 of these businesses were sole operators. 2,000 of these businesses employ less than 20 people.
The Property Services Industry employs more than 850,000 workers in full and part-time positions:
- 173,600 people work in the property operations and real estate sector
- 53,000 people work in the security sector
- 17,000 people work in surveying and spatial information services
- 190,000 people work in cleaning services
- 33,000 people currently work in waste management.