Attending an interview
How to create a good impression at job interviews
- dress well - your clothes need to be neat and clean
- know something about the company you are applying to - what are their main products or services?
- if you have access to the internet Google the company name to find out more about them including any key statements they make about their objectives, who manages the company, where it operates and its major products and services
- bring extra copies of your resume for the interviewer
- arrive at the interview on time
- bring any awards, certificates or anything else that will support your claims to being suitably qualified for the Australian Apprenticeship on offer
- ask the interviewer questions about the position or the company to show your level of interest
- be positive and confident
More interviewing tips
Click through to My Future for more information on interview techniques.